Below you will find a list of frequently asked questions about the facilities at Anime Boston. If you still have questions, feel free to ask us on our forums.
- Where is Anime Boston 2020 located?
- Is the Hynes Convention Center connected to any hotels?
- Where do I park my car?
- Will you book a hotel room for me?
- What happens if the hotel fills up before I reserve a room?
- Why do I need a hotel room? Can't I just sleep in a video room or in the lobby?
- Do I have to tip the hotel people?
- Is there a pool at the Sheraton Boston?
1. Where is Anime Boston 2020 located?
Anime Boston 2020 will be held at the Hynes Convention Center at 900 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02199. The official convention hotel is the Sheraton Boston Hotel at 39 Dalton Street, Boston, MA 02116. Some convention events will be located within the Sheraton, which is attached directly to the convention center.
2. Is the Hynes Convention Center connected to any hotels?
The Hynes Convention Center is connected to both the Sheraton Boston Hotel and the Boston Marriott Copley Place Hotel via the Prudential Mall. The Sheraton is next to the Prudential's entrance into the Hynes. The Marriott is further away, but still connected indoors via a sky bridge. Though the Hilton Boston Back Bay is close, it is not attached to the Hynes Convention Center. You can reach it by a quick walk across the street from the Sheraton.
4. Will you book a hotel room for me?
No. Except for Guests of Honor, Anime Boston staff, and some lucky volunteers, everyone staying in a hotel is required to book their own hotel rooms. See our Hotel Information page for more details.
5. What happens if the hotel fills up before I reserve a room?
When a hotel fills up, you'll have to find a hotel room someplace else. We might have a big convention center, but hotel space IS limited. If the Sheraton fills early, we may talk to nearby hotels about overflow space, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to arrange space elsewhere. If we do, it will never be cheaper than the main hotel.
6. Why do I need a hotel room? Can't I just sleep in a video room or in the lobby?
Anyone caught sleeping in any function room (video room, panel room, etc) will be removed from the room. If we catch you sleeping multiple times, we will ask you to leave the convention. Anyone found sleeping in the lobby will be asked to leave by the hotel. Save yourself the trouble and get a room.
7. Do I have to tip the hotel people?
You should. It's how a lot of the hotel staff make their living. Refer to our handy Tipping Guide for information on what tips are expected in return for various services.
8. Is there a pool at the Sheraton Boston?
Yes. The Sheraton has one of the area's largest indoor pools as well as a Jacuzzi, Sauna and Fitness Center available to all hotel guests. Please note that you must be a hotel guest if you wish to use the pool or fitness center facilities.