I know that there have been a lot of questions about the security plan for Anime Boston 2017, and that you’re eager to hear what we’ve been doing to address your concerns. I wanted to let you all know that work began immediately after Anime Boston 2016 ended, and we are now coming to a point where we can explain some of the changes in more detail. Here is an outline of what to expect:
- We have doubled the number of security checkpoints to significantly increase throughput and cut down on wait times.
The Hynes has taken attendee feedback into consideration and will be using only hand-held metal detector wands. They will not be using the pass-through metal detectors you saw last year.
- There will be more cross-training between Anime Boston staff, Prudential staff, Hynes staff, and Sheraton staff to ensure better communication across the board.
- The Dalton Street entrance will be open during peak times. These hours will be set and published in advance.
- For our members with disabilities, we have put together a team of specialists to further assist those who might need help in regards to access to the Hynes and getting around the convention. More information on this team to follow. The Hynes is also committed to improving training and assistance in this area.
- Our current plan is to have the Hall C/Sheraton doors open to all attendees during Artist’s Alley open hours. We have increased security checkpoints at this entrance to help with faster throughput. Please note that we will continue to monitor traffic in the Sheraton at this entrance to ensure we comply with fire safety regulations.
The Hynes is asking members to please consider the size of their bags as they pass through the security checkpoints. Bringing clear bags, bags with fewer pockets, and opening all pockets before reaching the checkpoint will get you inside faster. We urge members to take this into consideration as you plan your weekend.
There will be more information to follow, and I look forward to sharing it with you in the coming weeks. Thank you all for your patience as we go through this process and thank you for your commitment to helping us ensure a safer convention.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Operations