Staff Position Details
Volunteers WranglerA Volunteer Wrangler is a member of the Anime Boston Volunteer Program (ABVP) staff team. The Volunteer Wrangler's ultimate responsibility is to ensure smooth operations and to assist the Volunteer Manager in special projects as needed to ensure that the department is running strong.
Major Responsibilities include:
* Supervising volunteers throughout the convention as well as at any ABVP events
* Manage the volunteer roster and database
* Uphold and ensure proper procedure of checking-in and checking-out volunteers * Enforcing department and convention guidelines and rules
* Act as escorts for volunteers and as liaisons to other departments within Anime Boston
* Handle most public affairs on behalf of the department
* Do whatever is necessary to make sure that the volunteers are having fun
There are two unofficial ranks of Wrangler-hood:
* Senior Wrangler - a Wrangler who has been a part of the team for 2+ years and reports to the Volunteers Manager.
* Junior Wrangler - a Wrangler who has been a part of the team for 0-2 years and reports to the Volunteers Manager and to Senior Wranglers.
Becoming a Volunteer Wrangler has many rewards, but is also one of the most difficult positions to obtain and uphold. Candidates must be secretly elected by the current staff to become a possible Wrangler and must be invited to and pass a one-on-one interview with the Volunteers Manager. All Wranglers must be prior volunteers for at least 1 year, have excellent people skills, have great attention to detail, be professional, be able to show up to all meetings throughout the year, commit to working over 50 hours during the convention and all events throughout the year, and commit to being part of staff for at least 2 years.
All staff members are also required to adhere to the Staff Guidelines.