Staff Position Details
The Webmaster is responsible for creating, updating, and modifying the website. The Webmaster will work directly with our Public Relations division to ensure that the quality, functionality, and "look and feel" of the web site is standardized and professional.
No training for this position is provided, as you must be familiar with the programming languages used.
- Create, update, and maintain content on the Anime Boston web site.
- Keep the web sites compatible with the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla/Netscape, Safari, and Opera on multiple platforms.
- Consult with Director of Public Relations as well as the Chairman and Vice Chairman to plan web site development.
- Work with Public Relations division to ensure that the web site presents Anime Boston positively and professionally.
- Enforce content formatting, image treatment, and design consistency among the web site sections.
- Work with all divisions to publish information on a timely basis.
- Maintain e-mail addresses.
- Monitor site statistics.
- Monitor disk space, errors, hosting company notices, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to translate information into user-friendly content) are necessary.
- Must be available to update site content on a regular basis (and on a daily basis as the convention draws closer)
- Must reply to e-mail in a timely manner
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or related work experience a strong plus
All staff members are also required to adhere to the Staff Guidelines.